Friday, May 22, 2009

Sod Farms in Cowboy Country

Photobucket(Partin Ranch Sod Farms)
It's been super wet these days and the sod farms thirty miles south of Orlando are just as soaked as we are. It sure lifts my spirits going out to these broad open pastures. These guys grow grass on their 10,000 acre ranches that have been passed down through generations. They're definitely tied to the land. And half the time when they meet me they've just finished moving the cattle to a new field or some other chore. The animals are beautiful, the Partins sell theirs to people all over the world. This headland area to the Everglades sure holds the heart of Florida. The tourists for the most part don't have a clue. I guess I like it that way. But part of me wants everyone to experience it and love it the way I do. I guess that's why I like to paint and write about it.
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment