Sunday, July 12, 2009

Lincoln Road Miami Beach for Dinner

We took a cab to Lincoln Road. My old favorite haunt, a Belgian restaurant, has closed but my second favorite, Carnivale did not disappoint. I'm really glad our waiter didn't arrive in a few minutes, because after I caught one of the owner's eyes, he came over and asked if we had been helped already. When I said no, he immediately summoned the nearest waiter and said " We've cooked all day, wr made the ravioli. the sauces and all the rest and now they've finally come, our guests! Let's get them some food, what do you say?" The rest of our experience was flawless-penne with vodka sauce was extraordinary and beef carpaccio salmone was as good as I have ever tasted. Our experience was of course enhanced by the passing parade that is Lincoln Road. And a clever sense of humor turned a negative into a memorable experience that showed how quickly a sense of humor can turn things around.

No comments:

Post a Comment